Friday, February 26, 2010

Lisa Wheeler Boot Camp


If you want to be the best you surround yourself by the best. You learn from the best, and if you're really lucky sometimes you find people that will mentor you.
Lisa Wheeler came here to Maine this past November. I devoured everything she fed me, and learned things that I didn't know. Picture book techniques that tightened my stories and made them sing.

If you ever get a chance to have Lisa Wheeler come and present her Boot Camp workshop, do it. You will come away a better writer than you ever dreamed possible.

4 comments:

Write2ignite said...

I hope I get to attend one of her workshops. Sounds fabulous!!

hugs,
Donna

Martina Boone said...

That's wonderful you have such an open approach. The critique portion of writing can be daunting, but that's where we grow the most. Lisa sounds ideal for guidance!

Donna Farrell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Donna Farrell said...

Now I know all three in this picture, Mona, Lisa and Brenda, lovely gals!!

Brenda, you are now the only one I haven't met in person :)

I'll have to do the NESCBWI Conference again soon.